United States is considered as the most popular destination among students.
The US schools, universities and institutions offer excellent education and training quality. The universities and institutions in United States attract students from all around the globe. These schools and institutes not only teach but also help incoming students in various other matters; earning scholarships or free-ships and or getting a part time job to meet study expenditures.
Anyone can opt and earn degrees or certificates from US institutions.
Admission procedures of US universities is
highly competitive for international students. The procedure is even more competitive in the top educational institutes. Universities and colleges have their own selection criteria. You must apply to each college and university of your interest separately every college or university has its own unique policies. It is time consuming and it is important that the applicants must start preparing well in advance. It is very important to begin the admission process early as the application deadlines are far in advance of the start of the semester. Students should also schedule the required standardised tests needed for admission on time so that they have the results of these tests on time to be sent to schools. Normally there are two major academic sessions i.e. fall intakes in August-September or spring intakes i.e. January-March.
Application process is the stepping stone for any student who wishes to go abroad and study. Since the university does not meet the student personally their entire evaluation and perception of a student depends on the application.
Admission officers look at a variety of factors, including essays, prizes, community service and work experience, hobbies, and special talents, as they review applications to try to determine your potential for success at their institutions. So it becomes very crucial for a student to present himself or herself in best possible manner that will make his or her application stand out distinctly from the several other applications that a university generally receives.
When students apply to any university they have to be sure that they send all the required documents well before the application deadline. Some universities even have early deadlines. If a student misses out on these he/she may have to forego the intake. Once the application is sent then the University responds either with an acceptance offer or a reject. The student then needs to follow the instructions if he/she wishes to join the university. Universities usually inform students of their admission decisions well in advance of the beginning term.
The major steps for applying:
- Identifying university and the course that the student wants to pursue – Every university offers hundreds of course so it is essential the students recognize the university that offers the course as per their requirements.
- Obtaining the required Application Forms– It can be obtained online or by requesting the university to send the printed form.
- Taking various required tests– Student needs to appear for the tests and meet the criteria of scores required by the University to which they wish to apply.
- Reporting various test scores to the universities– Students are allowed to send some scores free while taking the tests. If they apply to any other University they have to make sure that the scores are sent on time.
- Arranging and preparing essays and recommendation letters- These are one of the important aspects of application and play a crucial role in getting students an acceptance form.
- Preparing financial documents – The student needs to provide the proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of the course as well as the living expenses.
- Preparing other important documents: Along with recommendations and essays students also need to send their mark sheets and other relevant certificates
- Completing and sending Application Forms along with required documents- The form needs to be sent to the right place as per the instructions provided by the University.
Your study and stay in US will be a great experience; you will be able to share your knowledge with the best brains, since scholars from all parts of the world come here for study or work. Stay and study in US means having enriched with latest technological knowledge which will give you an edge over others in real life. Hence a US degree is beneficial in several aspects and preferred over others.